Our physical campus is currently closed, with the exception of the children of keyworkers.
We are continuing to educate through remote learning. At the moment it is uncertain when the Schools will reopen, but we will continue to keep you updated through our social media channels and the website.
We are available by email during normal working hours, during both the School holidays and in term time. Please contact us at:
Our Admissions department is operating as usual. Please click here to find out more.
We are grateful for the support shown by the Stamford community and wish everyone all the very best throughout this challenging time.
Keeping our community safe during our phased reopening
As we begin the phased reopening of our Schools, we have carried out comprehensive risk assessments as part of our planning for a safe return. These are available on request, but we have summarised the key points below:
- We have developed a clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or pupil presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school. This includes clearly defined safe areas for isolation until an individual can safely travel home.
- We have put in place enhanced handwashing facilities. This includes the installation of additional external sink units, and the installation of hand gel dispensers at all external entry points and to all classrooms.
- We will provide tissues to all classrooms, along with lidded waste bins for the safe storage of used tissues.
- We have put in place a comprehensive communications plan, delivered through posters across the site and verbal reminders from staff, to ensure good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- We have significantly enhanced cleaning provision. We use chlorine-based and anti-viral cleaning products, and new cleaning procedures and protocols have been put in place, including a much increased frequency of cleaning. All our cleaning personnel have received specific training on cleaning for Covid-19.
- Our year groups are returning in small, consistent groups to minimise mixing. These groups having dedicated classrooms and outdoor spaces.
- We are enforcing social distancing: verbal reminders and posters are reiterating the messaging, and physical reminders such as barriers and line markings are in place to minimise inadvertent contact.
- We have designated discrete, distinct year group drop off and pick up locations to avoid mixing at the beginning and end of each day.
- We have strict controls in place to ensure parents/carers do not come into school.
- We have put in place mandatory training for all staff who work on the SJS site on COVID-19 measures. Within the next few days, all trained staff will wear badges on their identity lanyard so that you can be reassured they have completed the training.
How you can help us:
Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. You can help us to keep our community safe by:
- Washing your hands frequently, with soap and water.
- Using tissues (or the crook of your elbow) whenever you need to cough or sneeze, disposing safely of your used tissues and washing your hands immediately.
- Staying at least 2m apart from other people, and encouraging your children to do the same.
- Staying away from School if you are ill for any reason – and isolating for 14 days, in line with Government guidance, if necessary.
- Respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place.
If you have any questions about health and safety, and especially as it relates to the controls we have put in place to minimise the risk from Covid-19, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Jaret Bennett, our Head of Safety and Compliance, at JBennett@ses.lincs.sch.uk.