George becomes East District Champion at Rotary Young Chef Competition
Stamford School student George Worthington, Year 9, has won the East District Final of the Rotary Young Chef Competition.
Thomas Deacon Academy, Peterborough, hosted the round, seeing sixteen students from across schools in Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire compete for the title.
Each student was required to prepare a three-course healthy meal, comprising of a starter, main course and dessert, for two people, costing under £20, in a two-hour time frame.
George’s winning menu consisted of a starter of Moroccan stuffed sweet peppers served with a wedge of charred lemon, Moroccan vegetable tagine served on a bed of mint and spring onion couscous, followed by sticky toffee pear pudding served with vegan custard, and accompanied with a Moroccan mint green tea.
- Blue Plaques Unveiled
- Co-education at Stamford
- Stamford School Shortlisted for TES Award
- Stamford Endowed Schools students set for the future
- Celebrating A 50 Year Association With The School
- Prestigious Prize for SHS Student
- Annual Sponsored Walk Returns to Stamford Endowed Schools
- Debate Raises Money for Mental Health Charity
- 'My Cultural Life' Project
- Arts & Culture
- Cross Country
- Design and Technology
- English & Writing
- House Events
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Music News
- Sixth Form
- Stamford High School
- Stamford Junior School
- Stamford School
- Trips and Events