SES Choirs embrace the culture of Venice
Over 30 students from every year group across Stamford School and Stamford High School travelled to Italy over half term for a choral and cultural tour.
Following performances within two masses at famous renaissance buildings, St Mark’s Basilica in Venice and St Antoni’s Basilica in Padua, the choir were delighted to receive a standing ovation after their final concert, held in Abano Terme.
The group were also invited to sing in the earliest surviving permanent covered theatre, where Monterverdi staged his operas. An extraordinary glass blowing workshop and visit to the Venice Lagoon islands concluded their cultural tour.
- Stamford School Shortlisted for TES Award
- Sunday Service
- Cricket is the name of the game for Staff
- Virtual Concerts – Summer 2021
- A fond farewell to Year 13
- Theatre Thursdays: The Marriage of the Mislaid Minor
- 'My Cultural Life' Project
- Arts & Culture
- Cross Country
- House Events
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Music News
- Sixth Form
- Stamford High School
- Stamford Junior School
- Stamford School
- Trips and Events