SHS Students Compete in ‘Top of the Bench’ competition
Four Stamford High School students have recently taken part in the Royal Society of Chemistry’s Top of the Bench competition.
Victoria Z (Year 9), Prathika K (Year 9), Jasmine W (Year 10) and Anna B (Year 11) had to analyse a sample of baking powder to determine the percentage by mass of sodium hydrogen carbonate. Their results will determine if they go through to the national finals in February.
Head of Chemistry at SHS, Ms Cox said: “The girls showed great team spirit and logical thinking to reason through the challenge.”
They also completed an online quiz last week, working together to apply their knowledge to new contexts.
We are wishing them the best of luck to reach the finals.
To read more news about Science, please click here.
- Announcement from the Stamford Endowed Schools | 13 January 2022
- Stamford School Shortlisted for TES Award
- Co-education at Stamford
- RYA Youth National Championships in Pwllheli
- Chase becomes British Racketlon Champion
- Digital Leaders Trip To BETT
- Rutland Osprey Project Talks At SHS
- 'My Cultural Life' Project
- Arts & Culture
- Cross Country
- Design and Technology
- English & Writing
- House Events
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Music News
- Sixth Form
- Stamford High School
- Stamford Junior School
- Stamford School
- Trips and Events