SJS compete in floor and vault
Thirty-four children from Stamford Junior School have taken part in the National Independent Schools Gymnastics Association preparation event, which they have been practicing for since their return to School in March.
Each pupil performed their own set floor routine and a set vault to live judges who were watching via Teams.
The team received positive feedback, which they will use to prepare them for their next event in June, where they will perform the same routines, and their scores will be compared to children from other schools within their age category.
Trudy Smith, the team’s Coach, said: “I was really happy with the performances from all of the gymnasts, and it was great to see them all enjoying the experience and showing a good level of confidence.”
To read more about gymnastics at Stamford, please click here.
- Stamford School Shortlisted for TES Award
- Tetrathlon International Success
- Stamford succeed in New College of the Humanities essay competition
- Stamford Woodwind Project
- Phoebe’s team wins the League Cup
- Student records song at Abbey Road Studios
- 'My Cultural Life' Project
- Arts & Culture
- Cross Country
- House Events
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Music News
- Sixth Form
- Stamford High School
- Stamford Junior School
- Stamford School
- Trips and Events