Student Completes Marathon Swim for Mind
A Stamford High School student is completing a marathon swim to fundraise for ‘Mind’ charity.
Ella S, Year 13 at Stamford Sixth Form is completing a 26 mile open water swim over September to raise money. Ella initially hoped to raise £200; however, has now reached over £800.
Gradually over this month Ella has been travelling to places including Moorelake and the Peak District to swim more and more towards her target. By mid-september she was making good progress towards her goal, having completed 13.8 miles.
Ella said that the fundraising challenge “allows individuals to gain the support they need, whilst influencing people to take up open water swimming.”
If you would like to donate to Ella’s page, please click here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ella-speirs1
For more information from the Stamford Community, please click here.
- Stamford School Shortlisted for TES Award
- Stamford win Independent School of the Year Award for Community Outreach
- Stamford host Band of the Coldstream Guards
- Year 12 Scholars Enjoy an Enrichment Session
- Student Has Story Published
- SES Launch ‘Beyond Stamford’ Webinars
- 'My Cultural Life' Project
- Arts & Culture
- Cross Country
- English & Writing
- House Events
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Music News
- Sixth Form
- Stamford High School
- Stamford Junior School
- Stamford School
- Trips and Events