Swimming success for Stamford
The Stamford Endowed Schools recently played host to the IAPS regional rounds swimming gala, entering eighteen pupils from Years 5 and 6 to swim in both individual and relay events.
The annual gala, coordinated by the Independent Association of Prep Schools (IAPS), sees over 150 pupils from ten schools compete, with qualifying students going on to swim at the Nationals held in the London Aquatics Centre.
Amie White, Director of SES Swimming, said: “Every single member of the Junior School Swim Team swam their socks off! They have been training incredibly hard for this event, and it really showed with everyone giving their very best effort.
“Watching the children swim was really very special. They have put a lot of hours into their training, and work hard at all times, something that both myself and the School are very proud of.”
The results of this competition will be published in the next few weeks.
- Stamford School Shortlisted for TES Award
- ‘Freakshakes’, shopping and hikes on the agenda for boarders
- Students get ‘all good’ with sustainability
- Chase Wins Tournament at County Championship
- House Games with Year 7 at SHS
- Student Competes in Triathlon Championship
- 'My Cultural Life' Project
- Arts & Culture
- Cross Country
- House Events
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Music News
- Sixth Form
- Stamford High School
- Stamford Junior School
- Stamford School
- Trips and Events