Welland walk with alpacas
A group of students from Welland boarding house spent their Sunday afternoon walking with alpacas at a private farm in Maxey.
Pairs of students were given an alpaca to guide along a farm trail… although reports from the day suggest the alpacas may have been guiding them! Conveniently the alpacas frequently chose to stop and graze on the grass and flowers, providing perfect photo opportunities. We’ve shared a gallery of photos from the day below.
Students who attended told the Schools that they ‘couldn’t believe how cute and curious the alpacas were!’ and that they were ‘amazed by the alpacas strong sense of friendship, and their distinct personalities’.
If you would like to read more news from life in boarding, please click here.
Welland House is one of the Schools’ seven vibrant boarding houses, offering flexi, weekly and full time boarding. Click the banner below for more information about joining our boarding community.
- Stamford School Shortlisted for TES Award
- ‘Freakshakes’, shopping and hikes on the agenda for boarders
- Students get ‘all good’ with sustainability
- Chase Wins Tournament at County Championship
- House Games with Year 7 at SHS
- Student Competes in Triathlon Championship
- 'My Cultural Life' Project
- Arts & Culture
- Cross Country
- House Events
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Music News
- Sixth Form
- Stamford High School
- Stamford Junior School
- Stamford School
- Trips and Events