Sport is an integral aspect of life at the Stamford Endowed Schools. Through sport we aim to foster and promote healthy attitudes to physical activity throughout a student’s school career and, more importantly, for life. The Stamford Endowed Schools enjoys an enviable sporting tradition, through excellence of facilities and teaching and coaching, the students are provided with a range of opportunities to compete and participate in an array of activities.
The Stamford Sport Experience
“Sport for all” is the schools philosophy to sport, as sport exposes students of all abilities to the benefits of a life-long affiliation to physicality. Their sporting journey will be characterised by the Stamfordian sporting values of:
- Enjoyment through growth, challenge & reward
- Resilience by living moments of success & failure
- Competition characterised by Co-operation & independence
- Belonging to Stamford in participation & representation
- Physicality that is educated in the benefits of physical activity
As well as encouraging everyone to take part in sporting activities, Stamford has a long history of developing high performing sports men and women. Due to this the Schools have forged strong developmental opportunities with a number of national, county and representative clubs.
Major sports links with the schools include:
- Leicester Tigers “Good to Great” school program where players can receive advice on strength and conditioning, lifestyle and nutrition. We also regularly host Tigers residential and summer camps.
- Loughborough Lightning and Stamford High School are working together to deliver high-quality netball opportunities to young aspiring athletes through their Netball Hub.