Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.stamfordschools.org.uk
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and / or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
For specific policies covering those inside our community please visit: https://www.stamfordschools.org.uk/about-stamford/policies/
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of online booking forms;
- Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, the Accessibility Options cookie helps recognise your desired viewing settings); and
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise The Stamford Endowed Schools across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network.
AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of The Stamford Endowed Schools website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser.
This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device.
The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that ‘This person visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.’
Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
If you do not wish to see ads from The Stamford Endowed Schools you can opt-out in several ways:
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics||The cookies used by Google Analytics are: __utma
|Information is collected in an anonymous form and are used to compile reports about the users’ visits to the site (including where users have come from, the number of users and the pages on the website that have visited). This information is used to improve our website.||More details about the purpose of these cookies can be found here.|
|Accessibility Options||Style||Remembers settings such as the standard view and high visibility links at the bottom of a webpage.||Cookie is removed after 24 hours.|
|Facebook Pixel||fbevents.js||This Cookie is placed by Facebook. It enables us to measure, optimize and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook. In particular, it enables us to see how our users move between devices when accessing our web site and Facebook, to ensure that Metia’s Facebook advertising is seen by our users most likely to be interested in such advertising by analysing which content a user has viewed and interacted with on the Metia web site.||To opt-out please see https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences|
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business) which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and,
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.