The Stamford Card, formerly known as the Foundation Card, is available to all members of the Stamford community and is supported by ShopStamford, a local initiative aimed at supporting independent businesses in and around the town.
Cardholders pay £10 per month and these funds are used to provide what we term as transformational fee assistance for local children ie means tested fee assistance, where the Stamford Endowed Schools will pay 80% or more of the fees. These pupils, from within the Stamford community, would otherwise be unable to benefit from an education with the Schools.
The monthly fee of £10 per person entitles the cardholder to a whole array of benefits and special offers with many of the traders in and around the town and there is currently a wide selection of over 130 shops, hotels, restaurants, services and attractions in the Stamford area.
With over 130 partners across Stamford and the local area, there are many locations to use your #StamfordCard. Offers are updated regularly so please keep an eye on the listings to see how you can make the most of your Stamford Card at any given time. We contact cardholders regularly to highlight any key updates regarding our partners.
Learn more about the Stamford Card from our Head of Development, Jo Peck, in this short video.
If you would like sign your business up as a Stamford Card partner, please email us.
ShopStamford was formed to drive Stamford’s visitor economy and promote the town’s independent retailers and traders. The Stamford Endowed Schools work in partnership with representatives from businesses across our town, working to ensure the continued vibrancy of our high street.
The ShopStamford CIC works collaboratively to provide a range of promotional activities, including events, training, merchandise and other services to help benefit the businesses of Stamford, large or small.
The Little Book of Stamford, produced by Local Living Ltd on behalf of #ShopStamford, provides a guide to the town, including details of places to visit, stay and eat, alongside a listing of a selection of our local independent businesses.
Terms & Conditions
- The Stamford Card can not be used in conjunction with any other offer and must be used by the named cardholder.
- Partners may check that the name on the Stamford Card matches the name on the payment mechanism.
- The legal rights of partners are protected.
- Offers may be covered by terms and conditions of an individual partner, and subject to change at any time.
- The Stamford Endowed Schools and ShopStamford will not accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged cards and Stamford Cards must not be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- The SES Development Office and ShopStamford reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Stamford Card at any time.